Our Accredited Health and Safety Competent Person Course
- For anyone responsible for managing Health and Safety
- Helps employers meet the health and safety requirement to appoint a Competent Person.
- Provides you with essential information, documentation and checklists
Duration: 6 hours
- Our open course (Teams)
- Remote (Teams or Zoom)
- At your place of work
- Worksafe UK Certificate of Course Completion
- CPD Certificate and 6 CPD hours.
“Useful, professional training. The trainer made it enjoyable and was very knowledgeable.”
“Comprehensive and straight-forward with reference to our own work environment which is great.”
“An excellent course very professionally presented.”
“The training was very detailed and the trainer was very helpful with regards to any questions we had.”
About This Course
UK legislation states that an adequate number of ‘competent persons’ need to be appointed to provide assistance in all health and safety matters.
Our certified Health and Safety Competent Person training course will provide you with the training and knowledge needed to be a competent person at your place of work.
- To help employers to comply with Regulation 7 of The Management Of Health & Safety At Work by enabling your company to have a Competent Person on your team.
- To provide basic knowledge, understanding and guidance to operate as a ‘Competent Person’ within the company. This will enable you to identify and deal with basic Health & Safety issues in the workplace.
The course is designed for office-based environments and covers the following:
- Health & Safety Law: The Health & Safety At Work Act and the role of the HSE
- Health and Safety policy
- Risk Assessment and controls
- RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations)
- Fire Safety: Fire Wardens/Marshals. Evacuation Planning, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations and Risk assessments
- Working at Height
- Slips and Trips
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- First aid
- Other hazards: Electricity, Legionella, Asbestos
- Staff considerations: Expectant Mothers, Lone Workers and Homeworkers
Who Should Attend
This Competent Person course is designed for Directors, Facilities Managers, Estates Managers, Office Managers, HR Personnel, Project Managers, Line Managers and Supervisors.
It is also suitable for any persons holding responsibility for devising policy or contractor procedures and/or for the day-to-day control of a contractor’s activity at their place of business.
Articles You May Like
Book Open Course
Our open courses are live, instructor-led and fully interactive courses delivered via Teams. An excellent choice where you have one or two delegates to train.
As well as being cost-effective, it allows delegates to meet, network and share knowledge with people from other organisations.