Our Accredited Advanced DSE Assessor Course
- Do you carry out DSE assessments and want to boost your skills further?
- Do you want to increase your expertise and learn to carry out remote assessments with confidence?
- Do you want to gain a deeper understanding of complex DSE challenges?
Duration: 6 hours
- Remote (Teams or Zoom).
- At your place of work.
- Worksafe UK Certificate of Attendance.
- CPD Certificate and 6 CPD hours.
From £295 plus VAT.
“Fantastic and worthwhile course! A must for all DSE Assessors.”
“The physiotherapy background and knowledge the trainer was able to share really helped my understanding of the compliance of ergonomics and the subject.”
“A super informative and interesting course – the trainer has an excellent knowledge of the subject.”
“Useful, professional training, which made the topic easy to understand. The trainer made it enjoyable and was very knowledgeable.”
About This Course
Our outstanding one-day Advanced DSE Assessor training course provides the skills and knowledge needed to complete assessments outside of the scope of a standard DSE assessment.
Delivered by our expert trainers, the Advanced DSE Assessor training course will take your skills to a new level.
- To be able to apply relevant legislation and codes of practice in UK law.
- To be able to carry out effective Advanced DSE assessments, beyond the scope of a standard dSE assessment.
- To be able to correct problems immediately or record actions required and assess priority for later rectification.
- To identify equipment/actions required and understand the wide range of equipment and solutions available to suit individual requirements.
- To take accurate anthropometric measurements.
- To make a recommendation for a specific chair based on user requirements.
- To know when to seek specialist advice/assessors.
- The legal framework – HSE Regulations and compliance.
- How to carry out an Advanced DSE Assessment.
- Setting up a virtual assessment.
Postural problems and common health issues such as ULDs, WRULDs, RSI.
- The working environment: lighting, ventilation, heating.
- How to choose a chair: lumbar support, size, arms, and headrest (including correctly taking anthropometric measurements).
- Screen size and position.
- Recommending a suitable keyboard/mouse with regards to health problems and disability.
- Varidesks / Sit-Stand desks.
- Hot desking.
- Specialist solutions in assistive technology.
- Pregnant workers.
- Additional challenges for home workers.
- Mobile workers/ remote workers including tablets and smartphones.
- Pitfalls to avoid when selecting equipment.
- Trialing equipment. When to seek expert help.
Who Should Attend?
Benefits to you
Benefits to you
Our course is accredited by CPD. This means you can be assured it reaches professional standards of excellence.
You will be able to carry out a wider scope of workstation risk assessments thus reducing the need for external assessors.
You will be able to make informed decisions when buying specialist equipment.
Articles You May Like
Book Open Course
Our open courses are live, instructor-led and fully interactive courses delivered via Teams. An excellent choice where you have one or two delegates to train.
As well as being cost-effective, it allows delegates to meet, network and share knowledge with people from other organisations.