Accredited Emergency First Aid at Work Course
This course will help you meet the regulatory requirements if you need to provide emergency first aid cover for your workplace.
Suitable for small businesses and those in lower risk environments.
Duration: Six hours.
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate valid for three years.
- CPD Certificate and 6 CPD hours.
“Absolutely brilliant. Not a bad word!”
“Everything very clearly covered and explained. All questions answered to a great understanding. Very friendly and relaxed and informative session/trainer.”
“Helen was brilliant – extremely knowledgeable about her subject and able to explain things in a way that was easy to understand. She made it interesting and her passion for the subject was clear throughout.”
“The session was well balanced with a good balance of theory and practice. The trainer was obviously enamoured and passionate about her subject. It was an excellent day. Thank you.”
About This Course
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 state that all employers (including those with fewer than five employees) must provide ‘adequate and appropriate’ first-aid facilities, staff and equipment.
To comply with these regulations, employers must ensure that an employee who is injured or taken ill at work receives immediate attention. Our Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to help you to meet these legal requirements.
Our course will equip delegates with the skills, knowledge and practical competence they need in order to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations, and to act as the Emergency First Aider in their place of work.
Completion of this course will allow you to act as the Emergency First Aider in your place of work.
The role and the responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider to include:
- The need for consent to provide first aid
- Communicating with the casualty
- How to minimise the risk of infection
- The contents of a basic first aid kit
How to conduct a primary survey to include:
- Knowing when to call for assistance/emergency services
- Prioritising treatment
How to administer emergency first aid to a casualty including:
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Putting a casualty into the recovery position
- CPR (resuscitation)
- Using an AED
- A casualty who is choking
- A casualty who is in shock
- A casualty who is bleeding (major and minor bleeding)
- A casualty who is having a seizure
- A casualty who is having a severe allergic reaction
- Eye injuries
How to recognise and respond to:
- Heart attacks,
- Diabetic emergencies
Who Should Attend?
This course is for candidates who require an Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate to comply with HSE requirements where the first aid assessment of needs indicates a requirement for emergency first aiders.
Therefore it is suitable for people who:
- Are responsible for first aid in a low risk organisation.
- Want to provide extra first aid support in a larger organisation.
- Work in an office or in a shop.
- Are a sport or fitness professional.
- Work as a Care Worker or other Health Professional.
Delegates must be fit in order to be physically able to carry out the procedures.