Accredited Accident Investigation Course
Learn how to make your workplace safer with our Accident Investigation course.
Our course clearly explains each process that an accident investigation requires, therefore you will be well equipped to improve workplace safety. Furthermore, by identifying root causes, you can take steps to ensure further accidents are prevented.
Duration: One day
- Remote (Teams or Zoom)
- At your place of work
- Worksafe UK Certificate of Course Completion
- CPD Certificate and 6 CPD hours
“Clear, informative and useful – a good day!”
“Excellent, all-round course by Tony”
“Very useful content, covered practical examples not just content. It was useful to talk about real life examples and not just text book.”
“A good course, very informative and will definitely be used in the working environment.”
About This Course
This is an excellent and information packed one-day Accident Investigation course.
The emphasis is on practical skills you can use in your workplace and is designed for those of us who are involved in investigating the root causes of accidents at work.
You will be able to fully appreciate the legal reasons and the financial benefits to carrying out competent accident investigation. On completion, you will possess a range of techniques necessary to carry out an investigation of a workplace accident.
If required, we can incorporate your organisation’s own existing procedures into the training. Call us on 0370 118 8000 to discuss your requirements.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of accident prevention and accident investigation.
- Overview of accidents – definition and statistics
- Employer and employee duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Why we need to investigate accidents.
- The financial gain for preventing accidents.
- The immediate, underlying and root causes of accidents.
- Factors contributing to adverse incidents: Human factors, organisational factors, other contributory factors
- Which events should be investigated and by whom?
- Legal requirements for reporting accidents (RIDDOR).
- The principles and process of accident investigation.
- Information gathering and recording.
- Discussion of real-life scenarios.
This course can be customised to include your in-house accident reporting procedures.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for anyone with some professional responsibility for investigation and prevention of workplace accidents. You might be a H&S Manager, HR Manager, Facilities Manager or the ‘responsible person’ will certainly find this course valuable.