Our Accredited Manual Handling Awareness Course
- Learn how to lift and move loads safely.
- Avoid work-related accidents and injury.
- Highly interactive, practical course delivered by qualified and experienced professionals.
Duration: 2 hours
At your place of work
- Worksafe UK Certificate of Course Completion
- CPD Certificate and 2 CPD hours
“Tony’s presentation and delivery was excellent and informative”
“Really easy to understand and implement in practice.”
“Could have saved me a lot of pain if I had done this course years ago.”
“Very informative and enjoyable to participate with the group.”
About This Course
Learn the importance of good lifting and moving techniques, and how to avoid injury with our CPD certificated information-packed training.
This is a highly interactive course which allows delegates to gain ‘hands-on’ experience of safe manual handling under the supervision of our instructor.
You will learn different strategies and techniques to minimise risk such as using specialist equipment.
All delegates participate in a practical lifting session with one of our highly experienced trainers. This element of the course is crucial in developing good practice.
This course can be delivered as part of a bundle with our Working at Height (Ladders and Stepladders) training course and/or our CoSHH training course.
In line with Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, on completion of this course, you will understand how to use good posture and correct lifting techniques. This will enable you to reduce the risk of injury to yourself and to others in the workplace.
- Legislation: The Health and Safety at Work Act, Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Assessing hazards and risks
- Accident rates and types of injuries
- Responsibilities of the employer and the employee
- Basic principles of manual handling in the day to day working environment
- Using mechanical aids
- Team lifting
- Practical session
Who Should Attend
This course is for any employee whose work requires them to undertake manual handling tasks.
For instance, anyone who undertakes the lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving any load by hand or by bodily force.
This course is not suitable for pregnant women or those suffering from an injury or condition which is likely to cause discomfort.
Benefits to you
Benefits to you
Our course will provide your workforce with basic manual handling awareness to significantly reduce the risks within your organisation.
We can customise this course to meet your requirements.
Our course is accredited by CPD. This means you can be assured it reaches professional standards of excellence.