What to Expect
DSE assessments for new or expectant mothers includes:
- Assess risks which may cause harm to the mother or the unborn child.
- Ensure an expectant mother has a comfortable, and an ergonomically sound and safe environment to work in.
- Ensure compliance with UK health and safety legislation and reduce the risks during and beyond pregnancy in the workplace.
Our 100% impartiality promise:
- We do not own or have any interest in any furniture or accessory firms which means we guarantee we have no ulterior motive for making recommendations.
- None of our assessors are incentivised to recommend any products or suppliers.
- Wherever we can, we will reuse equipment you already have which means saving you money wherever possible.
Our DSE assessments for expectant mothers are aimed at giving additional guidance to new or expectant mothers. The assessment looks at risks which may cause harm to the mother or the unborn child.
Assessing risk helps ensure the pregnant woman has a comfortable, and an ergonomically sound and safe environment to work in until her maternity leave.
Our DSE assessments for expectant mothers ensure compliance with UK health and safety legislation and reduce the risks during and beyond pregnancy in the workplace.
Call 0370 118 8000 now and book your assessments or click the button below to complete our contact form
Why Should You Book?
The risk assessment is a careful examination of your workstation. If your assessor sees any potential hazards to you or to your unborn child, steps can be taken to minimise the risk. Any necessary changes that can be made at the time of the assessment will be made and noted on the assessment form along with any other points or recommendations the assessor will offer tips and advice on changing work routines and task management throughout the pregnancy for better long term physical comfort.
Following the assessment, a full written report outlining the Assessor’s observations and all recommendations will be sent to you.
Our DSE assessments for expectant mothers do not replace your need to carry out a pregnant worker risk assessment in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
The Benefits To You
Carrying out DSE assessments for expectant mothers enables you to comply with HSE regulations which require employers to analyse risks specific to the pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
Assessing the risks during pregnancy allows workplace risks to the new or expectant mother to be controlled or minimised. This will help ensure continued good attendance and performance.
Pursuing good health and safety practice demonstrates a commitment to, and investment in your workforce which boots staff morale and thus boosts productivity.
The checklist provides you with an audit trail should any legal action or compensation claims arise.