Our Accredited Mental Health First Aider Course
This information-packed 2-day course is designed to provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to be an effective mental health first aider in your workplace.
Duration: Two days.
- Remote (Teams/Zoom).
- At your place of work.
- Mental Health First Aider Certificate valid for three years.
- CPD Certificate and 12 CPD hours.
“Thought provoking and gave all participants the tools and confidence to approach mental health issues. Cate was fantastic, she really made the course as interactive as possible and her passion for the subject was both inspiring and contagious. Nothing but praise for the course which is testament to Cate and Worksafe UK.”
About This Course
Our course concentrates on the practical aspects of being a mental health first aider including spotting signs of distress, providing effective support and helping to build a healthier workplace.
On completion of our Mental Heath First Aid course, you should:
- Understand what mental health is and why it matters
- Understand the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Identify signs of distress
- Develop good interpersonal skills such as non judgemental listening
- Support staff dealing in distress and support their recovery to good mental health
- Be aware of different mental illnesses
- Use practical approaches/tools that can be used to support mental health and wellbeing
- Know when to recommend further help such as from a medical professional
- Promote mental health in your workplace
- Help build a supportive, healthy and non-discriminatory work climate
The course is divided in to 4 modules.
- An overview and introduction to the role of the mental health first aider
Misconceptions and stigma
What is mental health?
The scale of the problem
Your role as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental health continuum
Impact of mental health issues
- Interpersonal skills and self-help
Talking and listening skills
Positive thinking and other self-help strategies
- Looking at mental health disorders
Stress and stress risk assessments
- How to build a healthy work environment
A healthy workplace
Engaging with your employer
Equality and diversity
Wellness Action Plans
Home worker and remote workers
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone who wants to support colleagues’ mental health in their workplace or has been appointed as Mental Health First Aider.
Book Open Course
Our open courses are live, instructor-led and fully interactive courses delivered via Teams. An excellent choice where you have one or two delegates to train.
As well as being cost-effective, it allows delegates to meet, network and share knowledge with people from other organisations.