Accredited Mental Health Champion Course
This course is designed to promote an understanding and awareness of mental health at work.
Duration: One day
- Remotely via Teams or Zoom
- At your place of work
- Worksafe UK Certificate of Course Completion
- CPD Certificate and 6 CPD hours
“This session was very well presented and informative. It was enjoyable and has given me the confidence to apply the principles.”
“A really well-presented training session with emphasis on practical application but also the opportunity to think through overall in-house policies.”
“The course confirmed what I should be doing and explained each topic clearly. The practical session was good and the feedback very helpful.”
About This Course
This course has been designed for anyone who would like to be a Mental Health Champion in their place of work.
Mental Health Champions help create a positive work environment for everyone by promoting mental health awareness and raising its profile in the workplace. They can also recognise signs and symptoms of someone who is experiencing mental health issues, provide them with support and signpost them to other sources of help.
This course aims to provide participants with a greater understanding of different mental health conditions, and provides practical and effective tools to support others in their workplace who may be struggling with mental health issues. It will also equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence they need to raise the profile of mental health awareness in their place of work.
- What is mental health?
- Your role as a Mental Health Champion
- What makes a good Mental Health Champion
- The mental health continuum
- Why and how to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Signs and symptoms of mental health conditions: depression, stress, anxiety, OCD, phobias, suicide
- Talking and listening skills
- Responding to an emergency
- Signposting a person towards supportive and professional pathways
- Building a healthy workplace
- Raising mental health awareness in the workplace
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for all staff at all levels.