UK legislation states that an adequate number of ‘competent persons’ need to be appointed to provide assistance in all health and safety matters.
Our certified Health and Safety Competent Person training course will provide you with the training and knowledge needed to be a competent person at your place of work.
The course is designed for office-based environments and covers the following:
- Health & Safety Law: The Health & Safety At Work Act and the role of the HSE
- Health and Safety policy
- Risk Assessment and Controls
- RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations)
- Fire Safety: Fire Wardens/Marshals. Evacuation Planning, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations and Risk assessments
- Working at Height
- Slips and Trips
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- First Aid
- Other Hazards: Electricity, Legionella, Asbestos
- Staff Considerations: Expectant Mothers, Lone Workers and Homeworkers
- Staff Induction
This Competent Person course is designed for Directors, Facilities Managers, Estates Managers, Office Managers, HR Personnel, Project Managers, Line Managers and Supervisors.
It is also suitable for any persons holding responsibility for devising policy or contractor procedures and/or for the day-to-day control of a contractor’s activity at their place of business.